Monday, November 14, 2011

I was right, I am not starving!

I can't believe that in the 5 days since my last blog I have found the answer to the question I was asking myself.

Why can't I control my hands or my brain when it comes to food?

The answer is simple. I can.

...and I have been. I can control what I put in my mouth. (that's what she said)

The emotional reasons behind my eating are many and I can't fix them overnight, but just being aware has made a huge difference. Like, I wanted to eat this afternoon because I was tired. I was tired because my kids were crazy. I was depressed because I didn't want to feel tired and lose hours of my day to sleep. Once I knew why I wanted to eat, I remedied the problems. I put my kids down for a nap and started moving so I wouldn't feel so tired and depressed. It worked.

I have found out that I can set my mind to something and do it. I stopped drinking diet soda. A little over a week ago I was drinking 2 litres of diet ginger ale a day and had been for over a year steady.

I started drinking water. I've never enjoyed water, but I decided to start incorporating it and within 2 days I am up to 8 glasses.

Each goal I reach tells me that I can do what I set my mind to.
I feel accomplished and that's a new one for me.

2 comments:

  1. It really helps to hear what other people are thinking who are going through the same thing you are. When you share your ideas and thoughts it motivates me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I just found your blog and wanted to say welcome to weight loss blogging!!! I believe you are right about the emotional reasons for eating being key. Also, I think just being aware of our problems is the first step in solving them.

    ReplyDelete